Wow!!!Indian auspicious festival Akshaya Tritiya is ahead. Generally Indians and especially households are great lovers of gold. All of them must be saving money to buy gold on Akshaya Trithiya which showers lot of wealth and prosperity on them.
There are three and a half auspicious muhurats. Akshaya tritiya is one of them the others are Gudi Padwa, Dussera and half a day of Bali Pratipada. Akshya Tritiya is also called as Akha Teej. Akshaya means inexhaustible. It falls on the third day of the bright fortnight in the month of Vaishaka. The day has never missed out from the lunar calendar. All the rituals performed on this day are permanent. So it is a good thing to start ventures, organize marriages and buy gold on that day.
Legends associated with Akshaya Tritiya:
- It is said that parasuram, the sixth avatar of lord Vishnu is born on that day.
- On that Parasuram defeated the kings of Haideya dynasty.
- Parasuram regained land from the sea.
- Parasuram chanted ‘Hare Krishna’ mantra for 108 times to impress lord Vishnu on this auspicious day of Akshaya Trithiya.
- On this day Ved Vyasa narrated the Hindu epic Mahabharata to lord Ganesha. Bhagavad-Gita is a part of Mahabharata and it consists of 700 verses.
- Lord Kubera had received his lost fortune.
- Poor Sudama, close friend of Krishna was blessed with lot of prosperity and wealth.
- Maa Annapurna is born on that day.
Akshaya Tritiya Thiti:
Akshaya Tritiya Thiti begins at 10:29 A.M on 28/04/2017 and ends at 6:55 P.M on 29/04/2017.
Akshaya thitiya puja timings:
The puja can be performed between 10:29 A.M to 12:39 P.M
Akshaya Tritiya Puja Vidhi:
- Take a wooden base and spread a cloth on it.
- People worship lord Vishnu, Goddess Lakshmi and kubera on that day.
- Place the idol on the wooden base.
- Decorate the place with flowers and colour papers.
- Make sure Lakshmi is Vishnu’s left and Kubera’s right.
- Lit the lamps on either side. Use ghee in both the lamps.
- Meditate for a while and read all the slokas.
- Offer flowers, fruits and sweets to the gods and goddess.
- Perform Aarti and ring the bell.
- Make your wishes and ask for their blessings.
Gold purchase on Akshaya Tritiya:
People are addicted to buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya. It is believed that buying gold on this day brings them lot of good fortune. Gold adds value to their assets. Akshaya means ‘never diminishing’. People donate water, kum kum, chandan, coconut. Buttermilk, udakumbjha danam, clothes which brings them many benefits.